Welcome to our first activity pack. Here are lots of suggestions for things you can do and download…
Arts & Writing
This week’s theme is: Spring…
The poet, William Wordsworth, wrote a poem in which he describes some daffodils that he saw on a walk in the countryside…
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden Daffodils;
Beside the Lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
From: ‘I wandered lonely as a Cloud’ by William Wordsworth
Here are some activities you can try:
- Write a poem, draw or colour in a picture about daffodils
- If you have daffodils in your garden, take a picture on your mobile phone
- Can you find any poems about the Spring?
- What is your favourite poem or poet and why?
- Download a picture of a daffodil to colour in (PDF)
- Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre Spring Activities Pack
We’d love to see any work that you have done and share this in our next newsletter?
This week’s recipe is Flapjack
You will need:
- 125g butter
- 3 tbsps golden syrup
- 125g brown sugar
- 250g porridge oats
- Greaseproof paper
- Baking tray
Sports and Physical Activity
What’s Your Name?
Download our activity sheet and find out how to play…
Other useful resources:
- We are Teachers (USA) – Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
- Edinburgh Zoo: animal webcams
- Facebook: Drawing with Rob by Rob Biddulph